Thursday, August 23, 2012

Update

Tuesday (the 21st) was a rough day.  I woke up feeling a bit 'off', but within half an hour of Lennard leaving for work I knew I was in for more kidney stones.  I managed to get a quick shower and take some powerful drugs in hopes that I would be able to stay home and not go to the hospital this time.  It took about two hours of horrible pain before the drugs kicked in and I was at least able to breath a bit.  I felt bad for the kids, as they just wanted me to hold them, but there was no way to do that.  I put on their favorite shows on TV and just kept reassuring them that mommy would be okay in a little while.  Not a fun morning.  I was so loopy from the drugs after that, that I ended up laying on the couch while they watched endless hours of Treehouse TV!  Not the best 'mommy' day in their young lives...  When Lennard got home I crashed and slept for a few hours.  I'm so glad that I didn't have to go to the hospital this time!

Wednesday - I was really tired from the day before, but managed to at least do something with the kids!  My mom came over for dinner again and the kids loved seeing Grandma!

Tonight we had a girls night out at Firestone Restaurant in Lethbridge.  It was such a nice break!  Mom and I went in early to get a bunch of errands done and just made it to the restaurant in time.  I love being able to hang out with my mom and sisters.  They are all such amazing women.  Wish Rachel could have been there too!
Not the best picture, but it's better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment