Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Annual Boxing Day Dinner and Fish Pond

IMG_1121  IMG_1122

Our annual dinner was once again held at the church.  I love being able to spread out and give the kids room to run!  This year we split all the food assignments up and I think it went really well.  We definitely had LOTS of yummy food!   After the dinner was done and cleaned up, we started the fish pond.  This tradition has been going on for generations and it’s fun to see my kids ‘fishing’ for their present from grandma and grandpa just like I did at their age!

IMG_1142 IMG_1143 IMG_1144 

Ben fishing for his present (with a little help from daddy!).  A whole box of cars!  The perfect gift for a car crazy little boy!

IMG_1148

Emma reeling her present in… a Dora sticker book and fleece jacket.

IMG_1159IMG_1161IMG_1167

Emma and Lauren in their matching jackets.  I couldn’t get either of them to look at me for a picture!  We then exchanged presents between families.  Shauna had us this year and got Lennard a quad (remote control)!  From his expression, I think he liked it!

IMG_1175       IMG_1222

Lennard took the kids and his dad home after everything was done and I stayed to finish cleaning up.  I then got a chance to hang out and play some games with everyone without any distractions!  Such a fun day/night!

No comments:

Post a Comment