Monday, September 8, 2014

First Day of Preschool!

Somehow our baby girl has grown up enough to start preschool.  I’ve got some mixed emotions about it all!  I’m so excited for all that she is going to get to do and learn.  I’m excited for the friends she is going to make.  I’m sad that she is ‘out in the world’… when I dropped her off this morning I just wanted to stay!  I’m excited that she is so independent and excited to go to school (she didn’t even look back), but I’m sad that she doesn’t ‘need’ me for everything anymore.  I’m sad that I’m not going to be the one teaching her, although she will learn more from others at this point.  I’m sad that she’s not my ‘baby’ anymore.  It hit me as I started loading pictures onto the computer that she looks so grown up!  It seems like it happened overnight.  I’m excited for all the adventures this year and each following year will bring.  I’m a little sad that we are now going to have to follow a ‘schedule’ (I will have to know which day of the week it is!).

IMG_6839   IMG_6844_eIMG_6845_e  IMG_6850

The idea of the ‘Class of’ picture is to take a photo of her every year on the first day of school and see her grown into it!  She thought it was hilarious to have such a huge shirt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment