Sunday, January 8, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me

What a day!  It's been a roller coaster of emotions!  It all started off with it being Fast Sunday.  Then I was asked to meet with the Bishop - with my entire presidency.  I was told that after almost 3 1/2 years of being the Primary President, I was going to be released today!  In some ways I felt a huge relief, but in others it ripped my heart out.  I shed many tears thinking of leaving the kids and feeling a little lost after that many years in Primary.

The Relief Society, Young Women's, Primary Presidencies and the Ward Mission Leader were all released today! It was a huge shake up.  I had a hard time going in to Primary and teaching Sharing Time knowing that it was my last time as president.  I tried not to even think about it so that I could get through it without bawling!  Everyone kept coming up and congratulating me... and saying Happy Birthday!  What a strange combination.  Happy/Sad/Up and Down...

Once Lennard was finished up at church, we headed out to my parents for a birthday dinner.  We had 'birthday' pie for dessert and the kids were thrilled to help with the candles.

This is the only picture I got of myself today - but as you can see... the wrinkles are still there!  The grey hair is at least not visible in this picture!  ha! ha!

We got home in good time, got the kids to bed and then I had the new Primary President come over to get some orientation and all my materials and keys.  It will be very strange not to cart my huge bag of Primary stuff to church every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment