Saturday, March 25, 2017

Catch Up and Gymnastics Finale

It's been a super busy week last week and this week isn't any better!  Emma had her last gymnastics class on Monday (13th). On Tuesday, I volunteered at the school for Tasting Tuesday and then Emma had dance in Mountain View that I drove her out to and Ben had Martial Arts. Wednesday was our Relief Society party that the men were invited to this year.  Thursday was piano lessons and martial arts again and then, Friday, I had to be at the school for 7:30 in the morning with the kids to help make smoothies for the entire school!  Thankfully, I got to have a girls night out that night with Shannon.  We went in to Lethbridge, did a few errands and then went out to eat at Moxie's.  

Unfortunately, within a few hours of getting home, I ended up running to the bathroom all night long with food poisoning!  Yuck!  I was so exhausted by the time morning came that there was no way I could function.  Thankfully, Lennard took charge and watched the kids... all the kids... Rachel dropped her kids off while they went to the temple and one of her friends dropped off her little 2 month old as well!  Then, the neighbor kids came to play too, so he had a house full of kids!  I was able to sleep almost the entire day, but I was still not feeling well enough to go to church.

Then, it was Lennard's turn to get sick!  Good thing it wasn't food poisoning, but he was so achy and hurting and then he got a horrible cold.  He was off work on Monday and Tuesday (and that tells you how rotten he was feeling!)

The kids were off school on Monday (PD day) and they got invited out for a play date with Izzy!  Lawson and Wyatt rode their bikes with the girls and came to pick up Ben and Emma on their bikes and then head over to pick up Amy!  They all went to play at the playground for a while and then they congregated at Shannon's (being the super mom that she is!).  I came and got them just before 3:30 so that we could do a make up piano lesson (they weren't impressed!).

Tuesday (21st), I got my visiting teaching done in the morning and then in the afternoon, while Emma got carpooled out to dance, I went to Ben's parent teacher at the school.  He's doing so well.  He's one of the top students - although he doesn't like to sound out words (which we know!).  We had enough time to race home, get dinner ready and then get over to martial arts!  Lennard wasn't doing great, so I took Ben.  He was pretty excited to have me watch him.  They were learning how to spar and what kid doesn't love to hit someone with a sword!  ha! ha!

Wednesday night was Emma's gymnastics finale!  They didn't do one for her class last year, so this was our first experience with a finale.  Unfortunately, about five minutes before we left the house, she and Ben were playing tag and she slipped and whacked her face on the floor.  Her gums were cut up, she'd banged her head and she was a mess.  Thankfully she pulled it together in the half hour before the show started! She did such a good job.






Thursday, I volunteered at the Book Fair at the Elementary School for the morning.  The kids always love getting new books (although they weren't impressed that I imposed a $5 budget this time!).  It was Emma's parent teacher that night and Lennard was able to come with me to meet her new teacher.  Emma was excited to see 'both' her teachers there for it, since her new teacher has only been her teacher for a couple weeks!  She is doing extremely well and they didn't have any issues with her at all.  They just kept saying how much they love Emma in the class.  Once we got home from that it was time to inhale food again and get Ben out the door for martial arts!  Lennard took him this time.  

Friday, we took a break and went to the Home and Garden Show in Lethbridge.  The kids LOVED the Charmed Playhouse!  We got a few errands done and even took the kids out to dinner.  It was a nice break from everyone being sick!


Then, today, we got to babysit my nephews while my brother, Roger, and his wife went to the temple. I love getting to see my kids playing with their cousins.  Too cute!  We managed to get both vehicles cleaned out and Lennard got them both power washed.  It felt good to have accomplished stuff around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment