Tuesday, September 26, 2017

What Have We Been Up To?

Since the craziness of the wild fires, life has settled into... life... It seems like we're always busy doing something.  Ironically, the day after the evacuations took place in Mountain View (12th), we had a Relief Society activity on food storage and being prepared!  I had to go up a bit early to help set up, but thankfully another sister from Glenwood (?) did the entire evening.  We got a full meal of all different things made from food storage items (aka... lots of bean dishes).  I liked most of them.  It was just nice to be able to sit and visit and have a night out!  I had to help with the clean up a bit and it was my month to take the tablecloths home to wash. 

The kids started piano lessons again with Kaci on the 14th.  As I sat through the lesson, I could feel myself getting sick... and for the next few days I was in bed dealing with freezing/sweating/aching and feeling like death warmed over.  It was horrible!  Ben started Champs (basketball) on the 16th - thankfully Lennard took him!

Lennard has been busy doing physio three times a week in Lethbridge.  I think next week will be his last as they are saying they won't get more movement than what he has now.  Yesterday was a full year from when he fell.  It's been a rough road to recovery, but I'm so thankful that it wasn't worse than it was.

Lennard had to go do a safety audit in Bow Island for three days last week.  It was hard having him gone.  Especially dealing with Emma's anxiety at bedtime.  We had a really rough night last week that ended with me sobbing and calling in reinforcements.  Thankfully, my parents happened to call before heading home from the hangar, so they stopped in and helped diffuse the situation.  It just hurts my heart to not be able to have Emma feel safe and secure in her own room.  It's frustrating that she can go to school, church, activities, etc, but not go to bed or have a babysitter.  We even mention about wanting to go out and it ends up being a full blown freak out session with her.  It's getting old...

I was able to attend the Canada 150 celebration that the Elementary school put on on Thursday last week.  They had a bunch of First Nations students dance and they fed everyone lunch of Indian Tacos, Saskatoon soup and herbal mint tea.  I ate half my lunch with Ben in his classroom and then ate the rest of it in Emma's classroom with her!  Ben really wanted me to stay with him the rest of the day (he was so overtired from Emma's meltdown the night before), but I finally got him calmed down enough to let me go home.

I had book club that night at Shirlee's place.  We had a good discussion about the book "The Sea Captain's Wife".  We've been meeting together for about 8-9 years now.  I sure love the friends I've made and look forward to meeting each month.

On Friday (22nd), Lennard found out that Toone's were going to be laying sod at their place... and trying to do it by themselves... so he took the day off work and went to help!  I headed over about an hour after he did and we managed to get both sides of the house done just before 1:00.  A bunch more people showed up then, so that helped and we were able to get the rest of the 12,600 sq ft of sod layed down by about 3:30.  We've been really stiff and sore since then, but it looks so nice!  We're happy that they were finally able to get their yard done.

Lennard went to the temple with the bishopric bright and early Saturday morning.  The kids and I had a lazy morning, until Emma asked when Ben was going to Champs... thankfully I had 7 minutes before it started and we managed to get him there on time!  ha! ha!  Poor boy had a granola bar for breakfast.  I did make waffles for him when he got home though.  Good thing Emma remembers these things!

Yesterday, I had visiting teaching while the kids were in school.  Lennard had physio in Lethbridge, so as soon as the kids got home, we loaded up and headed in.  Emma was able to get her reading done for school while we were waiting for him.  We stopped at the food court and grabbed some dinner and then went over to Melissa's so she could take some family pictures for us.  We took them at Popson Park on the West side.  She took a bunch for us and then I took a bunch of their family.  It was a little tricky getting kids to do family pictures when all they wanted to do was throw rocks into the river and play with their cousins!  We got them done though!  I'm excited to see them when Melissa sends them to me.  It was a late night getting home and Emma had choir at 7:30 this morning.  I have to go out to Mountain View to get her registered for dance sometime today and Ben has martial arts tonight.  Lennard has to go to physio again. Busy, busy!

We are trying to get everything organized and packed for our mission reunion in Bountiful, UT this weekend.  We really hope the weather will hold as we hope to fly down.  It will save so much time and I'm looking forward to seeing our mission president again.  Lennard and I met up at President and Sister Lund's house 19 years ago at a reunion, so it's pretty neat to be able to go back and see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment