Saturday, October 21, 2017

One-on-One Time

It was my niece's baptism last night, so Emma and I got to have a mommy-daughter date to Cranbrook!  Ben had Champs this morning, so he and Lennard stayed home together.

They decided, since the girls were off having fun, that they'd go have fun too.  Lennard took him to the Emoji movie at the Movie Mill and out to dinner.  He also spoiled him and bought him a Lego set!  Daddy can't say no!  lol  It sort of backfired though because Ben woke up at 4:00 this morning asking if it was morning yet so that he could build his Lego set!  

Emma and I had to meet Shauna and Melissa in Pincher Creek by 4:00 so that they could drive out with us.  We got on our way from home a bit late, but still had enough time to get there... until I realized that I'd forgotten my purse at home!  Thankfully we were only 10 minutes from home, but by the time we drove back, got my purse and headed out again, we were late!  We managed to get there just in time though! (might have driven a little fast... just maybe...)

We had so much fun visiting on the drive out.  Emma thought it was great fun to be the only kid with the grown ups.  She also got to see how crazy/fun it can get when sisters get together.  She and Melissa made licorice mustaches and duck lips out of Pringles.  We were singing at the top of our lungs and even had actions going to some of the songs.  Emma was absolutely thrilled.  She informed me afterwards that, "That was the best time I've ever had with my aunts."


Lauren's baptism was beautiful.  I'm glad we were able to be there to support her.  I love that Emma has a cousin so close in age to her.



We got to have a sleep-over at a hotel together!  The hotel was a little older and Emma kept asking me if it was safe!  Thankfully, after watching a bit of tv together, and her feeling lucky because she was up way past her bedtime, she finally fell asleep!

She'd informed me that our schedule for today was to wake up at 6:00, get ready by 7:00, have breakfast at 8:00 and go shopping at 9:00.  I tried to convince her that she could sleep in, but she wasn't convinced.  At 5:50, she was awake.  So much for a vacation day.  lol

I let her watch a few shows on tv to keep her entertained until it was time to actually get up.  The mall wasn't open until 9:30, so we had some time to kill.
 We went to Denny's for breakfast.  Not my favorite, but she was thrilled with her meal.  She was hungry and ate almost every bite!
We still had a few minutes to wait for the mall to open, but eventually we were able to go do some shopping.  Emma found a witches hat and broom that she loved, so she's going to be a witch for Halloween this year.

We didn't shop for too long, but she was happy with our purchases.  We got on the road and I was glad we were driving in the day light as we hit snow part way home.  It was a fun night away together.

No comments:

Post a Comment