Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Day

It has been such a wonderful day!  I was up at about 6:00 and ended up inadvertently waking the kids up, so we were all up nice and early.
 Lennard went out and got the tree lights on and lit a fire and then the kids raced in! I tried to video them coming in, but I think it's mostly a blur!

 We finished our '25 Days of Christ' by putting on the last ornament on the tree and then had family prayer before we started opening presents.  We'd put Buddy in the laundry room overnight so he wouldn't wreck anything, so he enjoyed getting to explore everything!

The kids have become friends with our neighbor across the street and she gave them Christmas/birthday presents this year.  Ben got a fun Lego set and Emma got a necklace and ring!

 They definitely got spoiled!
 The whole afternoon was spent just playing and relaxing!  We all took turns with Ben's bow and arrow.

 I took advantage of the quiet and read my book in front of the fire! So cozy!
 My parents popped in for a while in the evening and the kids were able to give them their gifts.  They picked them all by themselves, so they were SO excited.

Even with not feeling great still, it's been a great day.  I sure love our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment