Friday, October 5, 2012

Lotion!

Emma loves putting on lotion and since Ben has excema and we are lathering him up all the time, she gets in on the action as much as possible.  Well... today she tried to help herself to some 'lotion' while I was busy upstairs.  Unfortunately it wasn't lotion... it was zinc oxide diaper cream! 
 
I was on the phone upstairs when Lennard popped in to get something.  He said hi to me and Ben and then headed downstairs to see Emma before heading back to work.  I heard him say, "Mary Lou!  Where's your camera?!"  I got off the phone, grabbed the camera, turned around and saw this...
 
She was so proud of herself that it was difficult to get upset!  Not only was it all over herself, her clothes and her hair, but she had got it on the couch, stairs and railings!  Lennard laughed... and then went back to work (thanks a lot!).  I quickly put a shout-out on Facebook to get suggestions on how to get diaper cream out of her hair and was quickly inundated with ideas.  The one that stuck out the most was to use Dawn dish detergent... so that's what we did!  I wiped off her arms, stripped her down and laid her on the kitchen counter so that I could use the spray nozel and wash her hair in the kitchen sink!  Thankfully Dawn took all the diaper cream out!  Ben didn't want left out, so once Emma's hair was washed (and conditioned!), I let Ben have a turn and soaked his hair down too!  They thought it was great fun!  My life is definitely anything but dull!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment