Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Oh Give Me Patience

I wish I'd read this a little earlier in the day... maybe then I wouldn't have the regrets I do about how I handled today.  It's not that the kids were particularly 'bad' today, but everything seemed to compound and I pretty much lost it.  It's not a good thing to be constantly frustrated/upset/angry/sad... especially when the kids take it all in.  Emma kept giving me kisses and telling me I was all better.  I wish I could have made the switch, stopped my self pity and changed my attitude.  I did try to find the humor in all the craziness that happened today... and I did... some of the time.  Just not often enough for my liking.  I know that they are growing up way too fast and that someday I will look back and yearn for these days again.  I just had a hard day feeling that way today.  So, because of all that, I've decided to now write all the GOOD/FUNNY and SWEET things that have happened today and ignore all the rest!

Emma woke up this morning exclaiming, "I had a wonderful night's sleep, mom!"  She jumped up, found her pink stuffed elephant, gave it a big kiss and proceeded to race down the hallway happy as can be.

After one 'incident', Emma came back in to the kitchen and Ben walked over to her and gave her a big hug (with no prompting) and Emma hugged him back.  It was so amazing to see the sweet, pure love these two have for each other.

When Lennard got home from work, I watched as he layed on the ground and Ben crawled on top of him and 'snuggled' with him.  I love that Lennard takes the time to get down and really play with him.

Emma cleared her plate.  Ben sat for scriptures (huge!).  They both went to bed without a fight!  They both ate well.

Emma and Ben 'helped' me get dinner ready... though Emma got more in her mouth than anywhere else. 

I had to laugh as Emma discovered for the first time that onions can make your eyes tear up.

Ben, with his deep little voice declaring, "Don't (w)ike it!"... and then eating whatever it was that he apparently didn't like!

Emma was so excited to pick out which pajamas she was going to wear to bed tonight... Winnie the Pooh won!

I truly am blessed to have these two little munchkins in my life.  I just need to remind myself a little more frequently on days like today that they are two of my biggest blessings and that I would be lost without them.  I can only pray that they will remember a kind and patient mom instead of the monster mom that was all too present today. 

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone -- monster mom days happen here way too much! Hope your day goes better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... I feel your pain. We have those kinds of days here too. You are an awesome Mama. Love you. -- Melissa

    ReplyDelete