Saturday, December 14, 2013

Becky’s Baptism

IMG_4106

We got the chance to attend my niece’s baptism today and I was privileged to give a talk about baptism at it.  Becky is the first of my nieces and nephews that I got to see as a newborn.  Before that I was either on my mission (Brendan) or living in New Brunswick!  Most of them were about 6 months or older before I got to meet them, but we had moved to Strathmore a few months before Becky was born, so I got to head to Edmonton and be there to see her as a brand new baby.  It was exciting to be there and so she is one of the few birthdays that I remember!  (Sorry everyone else!)  It was a very nice baptism and I loved being able to visit for a bit afterwards at the lunch my sister put on for everyone. 

IMG_4120

We had planned to do some Christmas shopping afterwards, but I was a bit worried about how it would work with having the kids with us.  Thankfully, mom and dad still had to do some shopping, so I ended up tagging along with them while Lennard took the kids home!  I got everything else I needed on my list… as well as a few extras!  I am so excited to see the kids expressions on Christmas morning!  It was a great way to spend the afternoon and I had fun being able to hang out with my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment