Sunday, April 10, 2016

Testimony


We had a proud parent moment today in Sacrament meeting when Emma decided that she wanted to bear her testimony.  She wanted to last month, but by the time she decided that she could do it by herself, the meeting ended and she missed out.  We have told our kids that if they want to stand in testimony meeting, that it needs to come from them - not have us whisper things in their ear.  We want them to do it by themselves.  It's a scary thing to stand and have the entire congregation look at you.  So today, Emma asked again if she could bear her testimony.  I told her she could, but that I wouldn't be helping her.  It took her a few minutes to decide that she really did want to do it, but wanted to stand by me and hold my hand.  I agreed and when we finally got the microphone, she froze.  She started to cry and just couldn't make herself do it.  I finally stood up and bore my testimony (aka: bawled in front of everyone) of how thankful I am to be a mom and that Emma's desire to bear her testimony helped me stand up and express my gratitude for our Savior.  As I was talking, Emma stood by me, hiding her face in my side and crying.  As I sat down, I turned to her and asked if she wanted to bear her testimony now... and she did!  She did such a good job - all by herself!  I'm so proud of her overcoming her fears and doing something that she thought she couldn't do.  She has such a sweet spirit and a strong desire to do what is right.  I can't imagine what our lives would be like without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment