Friday, April 29, 2016

Temple Night

Earlier this month my sister, Shauna, called and asked if I could watch her a few of her kids while she took two of her daughters with another sister, Mindy, and a couple of her boys to do baptisms.  I, of course, said yes. That got us all started!  Mindy has been doing a lot of family history work and was excited to get a bunch of family names done.  Once the baptisms were done, she asked if Shauna and I would be willing to go do some more work for them.  Wednesday morning (the 20th), after the kids were all in school, we met up at the temple and spent the morning doing temple work. Then, to top off the month, we all met together tonight with our husbands and Mom & Dad to do sealings before we met up with a bunch of my aunts, uncles and cousins to do a session together!  It was amazing!

While Mindy was doing some research, she looked at my grandma's family and wondered why my great-uncle's work hadn't been done.  She called my mom and found out that, although he was baptized, he hadn't really attended church.  He passed away last year and was the last sibling of my grandma's family.  Because his wife is still living, Mindy contacted her and asked if she would give permission for his temple work to be done.  After a brief hesitation, she gave her permission!  So, tonight, with many family members, my Uncle Barry was able to take Uncle Lawrence's name through and have his work done.  It was such a wonderful experience.  I'm sure my grandma was right beside her twin brother helping him learn about why this work is so important.  What a wonderful opportunity for us to be able to give him the choice to accept his temple work.

In attendance:  Aunt Mary, Vicky & Jace, Deanna, Aunt Louise & Uncle Jack, Jackie, Louisa & Chad, Mom & Dad, Lennard and me, Shauna & Matt, Mindy & Dan, Rachel & Cub, Uncle Barry & Aunt Laura, Cindy & Steve, Karen & Randy, and Cass & Nat.

No comments:

Post a Comment