Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

The kids were SO excited to give me my Mother's Day gifts that they'd made that the second I opened my eyes, they were handing me things!
 Ben made a cute 'flower' for me, as well as a picture of himself to hang on the fridge.

 The questionnaires they do in kindergarten are always interesting...
 Who knew that I was already 60 years old and afraid of biting zombies!
 Ben wanted to give me more than just what he'd made at school, so he had Lennard help him write a letter to me.  What a sweet boy!
 Then it was Emma's turn!  She'd actually given me what she made at school the day she brought it home, but then she took it back so she could give it to me this morning. lol



 She colored lots of items for me - even a bookmark with her picture on it!
 She made a few extra things for me at home.

 I have to 'love' the note on the back of her card... "You and I get mad but when we are happy we feel better."  Guess I need to work harder on not getting mad.  Emma and I sometimes clash (oh the drama!) and I hope she'll forget all the craziness and only remember the happy times (one can only hope).
This year at church, they gave each woman a potted plant.  The chances of me keeping it alive are slim, so I took a picture of it now so that I can remember how pretty it once was!  ha! ha!
We had invited my parents over for dinner after church, but I got a phone call saying that my mom was in the ER with kidney stones.  NOT fun!  I offered to bring a plate of food down for my dad at least, but they ended up having to go in to Lethbridge for a CT scan.  The kids were sad that grandma wasn't feeling well and that they couldn't come for dinner.  We had a good dinner with the four of us- although way too much food for just us!  

I got a bit of a rest after dinner and then the kids decided to come visit.  Since we hadn't got a good picture of us earlier, we decided to take a selfie.  I sure love these two crazy kids of ours.  I am so blessed to be their mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment