Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kid Talk

EMMA
Emma says the funniest things lately.  Of course, as soon as you try to write them down you can't think of all of them!  She repeats everything, so we're definitely catching ourselves watching what we say in her presence.

This morning as I was taking her to change her diaper she looked at me and said, "Soggy, mom!"

She calls herself a 'little monkey', 'scamp', 'turkey', etc and whenever she's doing something that she shouldn't she looks at me and says, "Funny" (not so much!).

Every afternoon (lately), Emma asks where daddy is and then looks at me and says, "Daddy coaching 'rubby' ball" (rugby).  So cute!

Emma will tell Ben off when he's doing something she doesn't want him to do.  The other day they were playing with a ride in car at my mom's house and Ben was trying to get in for a ride.  Emma didn't want him anywhere near the car and exclaimed, "Ben, don't touch my door!"

Emma LOVES music and will jump and twirl around the room.  She also loves to sing and have songs sung to her.  At night it's quite entertaining as she tries to get just one more song out of us!  The regular songs are "Rock-a-bye Baby", "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam", and "I am a Child of God" (in English and in French).  She also loves: Once there was a Snowman, Nephi's Courage, Popcorn Popping, We are a Happy Family, If you chance to meet a Frown, I Love to See the Temple, etc.  Just about anything and everything!

BEN
When I went to go get Ben out of his crib this morning, I opened the door (the hallway light was on) and he sort of cringed, looked up and said, "Bright".  (Not completely clearly, but enough that I knew what he was saying!)

Ben also says (very clearly): bite, no, more, move, don't, Emma, all done, up, bus, milk, foot, burp, night-night, bye, and oh no!

He also says (not as clearly, but definitely enough that you know what he's meaning): open it ('opent' is more how it sounds), bright, thank you (tan to).

Every car is called a 'bus'.  He loves to bug his sister and will grab her blanket, the toy she's playing with, etc and get quite the little twinkle in his eyes when she starts screaming. 

It's so fun to watch them grow and learn.  They are changing so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Ben sounds just like his dad. Bug big sister until she screams...need I say more? Lennard?

    ReplyDelete