Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Happy Birthday

Another year and another birthday.  According to Emma, I'm OLD!  Ha! Ha!  I guess to her I am... and some days I feel older than I would like to be, but it is what it is.  

I had a great day.  The kids were off to school, I got some stuff done around the house and then I went to Shannon's and got to snuggle her new little boy, Luke for a couple hours!  She was feeding him when I got there, so we were able to just sit and visit. It feels like forever since we've done that. Once he was done eating I got to get some good snuggles in.  He is SO adorable!  Shannon's mom and dad are here from Utah, and her mom was so cute.  She even brought us lunch (since we'd gabbed that long!).  I had to call Lennard and say sorry for missing lunch with him!  oops!

Once I got home (just before 1:00), I was able to get dinner made for my parents and the kids since Lennard and I were going in to Lethbridge for the evening.  I got Emma's hair done for dance and got her into her dance clothes and then we headed out.  My parents took her to dance and Ben got to hang out with them.  (THANKS, Mom & Dad!)

We ran a couple errands and then went to the food court for dinner.  We then went to see the movie "Mary Poppins Returns".  I loved it!  There were a few scenes that I didn't think worked, but the overall movie was great.  I loved the music especially.  I loved seeing Dick Van Dyke in it and Angela Lansbury.  So great!


When we got home, the kids were in bed, but they'd left me birthday notes and treats.  So cute! 


Ben's was taped to my bedroom door as I came in and Emma's was on my bed. 


I feel so blessed.  I had so many birthday wishes on Facebook and phone calls and texts from family and friends.  Here's to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment