Saturday, August 10, 2013

High School Reunion and Family Campout

It has been a busy weekend.  Lennard and I dropped the kids off at about 4:30 with mom and dad at the airport and then headed back in to Town for my 20th high school reunion dinner.  It was a bit bizarre seeing some of the people I went to high school with… I was very glad for name tags!  We didn’t have as many people there as I had hoped, but it was nice to sit and visit with a few of them and have a good dinner. 

We ducked out at about 8:30 and headed out to the airport to take in a bit of my family campout that was happening at the same time!  The kids were having a blast with their cousins.  We got to visit for a bit, but then the kids were so overtired that we decided to put them to bed.  What a nightmare.  They screamed (literally) for 45 minutes!  By the time they finally gave up, Lennard and I were done.  We just went to bed and missed out on the card playing in the hangar.  (Darn it.) 

Mom made breakfast for everyone in the morning and then we headed in to Town for the parade.  I had to be on our reunion float, so Lennard took the kids to our usual spot while I hung out with my high school friends.  I was amazed how many people there were out for the parade!  I ran out of candy about 3/4 of the way through.  Lennard didn’t manage to get any pictures of the float as he was busy chasing kids. 
IMG_3359IMG_3355535814_10151529398066059_305048658_n
This picture was taken before a bunch more showed up… this is a few of us anyways!  I’m in the back row.

After the parade was done, we all headed back to the airport for lunch.  We had beef on a bun, corn on the cob, etc.  Yum.  Once again, the kids were overtired and so our ‘fun’ was cut short.  We missed out on the treasure hunt and visiting when we took the kids home for naps.  A little frustrating to miss out on family time, but the kids definitely needed to sleep!
IMG_3363IMG_3365
My nephew, Will.  Such a cute boy!  Grandpa helping Emma draw something.

I didn’t get very many pictures, so I’m hoping to snag some off my sisters and then I can add more!

No comments:

Post a Comment