Monday, November 10, 2014

ER Visit

I got a text this morning from Lennard at about 9:15 saying that he was at the hospital and that he’d got flashed with fire and was having his eyes checked out.  I asked him if he wanted me to come down and he said yes, so I quickly got the kids ready, dropped them off at my friend Dina’s house and then headed to the ER.

When I got there he was sitting on the bed with his eyes closed.  All his eyelashes and eyebrows and even sideburns were singed and he said his eyes were quite painful.  Within minutes of my arrival, the doctor came in, asked a few questions and proceeded to put some drops that would freeze his eye.  Lennard just about came off the bed!  He hates anything touching his eye and to have drops put in was bad enough.  Thankfully there was no damage to the cornea and the doctor said that he should heal fairly quickly. (The best part of the whole visit was that he was in and out within an hour!)

Since it is a WCB case, he has to be reassessed on Wednesday before he’s clear to go back to work.  He did pretty good this afternoon, but when we got home from dinner at my parent’s, his eyes were really hurting again.  Thankfully we have prescription drops that should help him not be in so much pain. 

I keep thinking about how much worse it could have been and I’m so thankful that he’s relatively okay.  Hopefully the Town will wake up and buy a new water heater!

2014-11-10a

2014-11-10b

Funny thing that happened while I was getting his prescriptions… I stopped at Extra Foods but after a short wait they told me that they didn’t have the drops in stock.  They called around and found that Value Drug Mart had them, so I took the prescription and headed down to the other pharmacy.  I got there and was seen immediately.  The guy entered everything and told me it would be about ten minutes.  Within five minutes he had it ready for me and as he handed me the bag, looked at me and said, “You look really familiar.”  I told him my maiden name and where I grew up (which is the drill in Cardston) and then he said, “You look like a sister missionary that I served with on my mission.”  I then asked him where he’d served and he said Switzerland Geneva!  My mission!  I still didn’t recognize him (so bad!), but then he said that he’d served with Elder Ward in Geneva for a few months and then it clicked… he was in my district in Geneva!  Hahaha!  Too funny!  It’s been so long since then!  We chatted for a bit and then I headed home.  Once I got the kids and got home I pulled out my mission scrapbook and there he was… Elder Bennett - right beside me in a picture of our district.  So there you go.  You never know who you’re going to meet!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Leonard! Glad he's doing ok. That's so cool about Elder Bennett. Did he know Leonard from the mission too?

    ReplyDelete