Saturday, November 22, 2014

Happy ‘Do-It-Yourself’ Birthday!

Lennard ended up getting the raw end of the deal today.  I’d had big plans on how to celebrate his birthday which even included getting away by ourselves.  But after a week filled of sickness and me still not feeling better, the day ended up being filled with me sleeping on the couch while Lennard got all the bedding washed, rooms vacuumed, and kids entertained.  He even ended up taking the kids and going to Lethbridge in the afternoon and let me sleep all afternoon too!  He brought dinner home from Costco, put it in the oven and set the table.  Aren’t I such an amazing wife?!  (Grrr!)  It made me so sad that we couldn’t have really celebrated.

Thankfully I’d bought his birthday present a month and a half ago, so I at least had something to give him… even if it wasn’t wrapped!  His birthday cake ended up being a Costco cookie (that he’d bought himself) with a candle in it!  At least we sang… right?!

I’m so blessed to be married to such an understanding guy.  Hopefully once I get over this rotten cold/flu we’ll be able to go out make up for such a crummy birthday.  Love you, Lennard!

IMG_7440IMG_7443IMG_7449

No comments:

Post a Comment