Saturday, November 29, 2014

Girls Weekend!

We’d set up a girls weekend for us to go to Kalispell but the weather turned junky.  We still wanted to have time together and get Christmas shopping done, so we changed location to Lethbridge.  I booked a hotel and, Friday afternoon, mom and I headed out.  The roads weren’t great, but not as bad as they would have been to Kalispell.

We picked Shauna and Mindy up, did a few errands and then hit the mall!  I normally really dislike going shopping, but going shopping with my sisters (and mom) is a blast!  Shauna always makes me laugh.  I love that she can make me laugh!

IMG_2695IMG_2696

After shopping so much that the bags were cutting off my circulation in my fingers, we finally loaded everything in the van and headed to the hotel.  We got checked in and then went to get dinner.  We’d thought about going to Firestone, but we couldn’t even find a parking space!  Mom had gift certificates to Rick’s Grill, so we decided to go there instead.  The menu had been changed earlier in the week and none of us were really impressed.  It was very expensive and not that much food for what we paid.  It was really cold in the restaurant too!  Thank goodness for good company!

IMG_2701IMG_2705

We did a bunch more shopping after dinner and then headed back to the hotel.  We had fun playing games, gabbing and snacking.  I just wish my other sisters could have been there too!

IMG_2710IMG_2717

We shopped so much that it didn’t take long for the van to be very full!  It got more interesting every time we stopped.  We finally headed home about 3:00.  It has been such a fun day!

IMG_2715

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When mom and I got home, mom distracted the kids while I unloaded everything into the ‘cave’ and then mom headed home. 

The day continued to be fun as Lennard and I arranged a babysitter and went to the movie together!

No comments:

Post a Comment