Saturday, August 29, 2015

Banff Adventures

We slept in!  I actually woke up at some crazy hour and read for an hour or so before I fell back to sleep, but Lennard slept in until after 9:30.  He woke me up just before 10:00.  Gotta love it!  I don’t remember the last time we actually slept that long! 

We decided to do some touristy things this morning, so we went and explored the Cave & Basin site.  It was interesting, but wow – it stunk!  I’m glad that isn’t my summer job!  It was an absolutely beautiful day though and we enjoyed wandering and just visiting with each other.

IMG_5827IMG_5828IMG_5835IMG_5837

IMG_5846IMG_5842

We ‘hiked’ the trail above the basin and enjoyed the beautiful views.  It was past lunch time at that point, so we decided to head back downtown and try out a crepe at a place we’d passed by last night.  They were SO delicious!  Lennard got a breakfast crepe and I got a ham, swiss cheese and spinach crepe.  Yum!  We could have done so much more, but we decided to go back to the trailer for a nap!  lol.  Yup… a nap!  And we enjoyed it too!  I think just knowing that we ‘could’ was more incentive than anything.  I had to laugh watching the squirrels though… our water tap kept leaking, so the squirrel was having a nice long drink!

IMG_5850IMG_5855

The best part of the day was dinner time!  We were so looking forward to dinner at the Grizzly House and it definitely didn’t disappoint us.  Wow.  SO good!  This was what we considered our anniversary dinner and gift to each other.  It was quite expensive, but so worth the experience.

IMG_5861IMG_5866

We started with a cheese fondu (which I don’t like, but Lennard loves!).  Lennard loved every bite.  We then had our meat brought to us.  I just had chicken and beef and Lennard had that plus some scallops.  I had an oil fondu and Lennard had a hot stone to cook his meat on.  There were 4-5 different sauces to try too. 

IMG_5870

We finished off our meal with a Toblerone chocolate fondu with all kinds of fresh fruit.  It was so good that I couldn’t just leave the rest of the chocolate once the fruit was gone… I ate the chocolate by the spoonful! 

IMG_5872IMG_5879

Seriously one of the funnest and most delicious meals I’ve had in a long time.  It was truly an experience.  I look forward to going back and trying out some of the other items on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment