Sunday, June 12, 2016

Service in Nauvoo... Again!

My parents thought they'd been set apart for the five years that they've been asked to serve as work directors at the Nauvoo pageant.  They were... but then their bishop got a letter saying that they needed to be set apart as part of the Nauvoo pageant and as special representatives for the duration of the pageant.  Since it was not expected, they didn't make a big deal out of it.  We found out that it was happening though, so we popped out right after our church was done and made it in time to be there.  They were both given beautiful blessings and it made me so thankful for their desire to serve and give of their time and talents.  It's hard having them gone, but it's for a good cause.

We had a quick dinner together and then it was time to say goodbye.  Emma requested pictures - so that we would have a "memory" of them. I sure love seeing the relationship my kids have with my parents.  It makes me think of my childhood and how many wonderful memories I have of living close to my grandparents.

 Ben told us that we ALL needed to be in a picture, so this was the best of the bunch!
 I love my parents so much and feel grateful that they are healthy enough to serve.  It's hard work - harder than I think I could do.  They are such good examples to me and the rest of their kids and grandkids.  We love you, Mom & Dad!  See you in about eight weeks!

1 comment: