Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Busy, Busy, Busy

This morning as I was busy cutting out FHE kits for tonight's RS activity, I got a phone call from the school saying that Ben had a bad headache and could I bring him something for it.  Thankfully, I was ready for the day, so I popped down to the school with some Advil.  He was quite warm and not feeling very well, but after some Advil he perked right up!  He was still really clingy and not wanting me to leave, so I ended up spending the rest of the morning with him in class.  They were having their Alphabet party, so I was able to help a bit with that.  

 Ben was invited to attend a special lunch at 11:45 for those who'd got 100% attendance at school, so we just hung out at the school after he got out of kindergarten at 11:30.  Lennard was able to join us for the lunch too.  Ben had fun playing with the other kids and sort of ate in between playing too.
(Emma missed the lunch by a 1/2 day when she came home sick.)

Once we got home, Ben ended up crashing.  The Advil wore off and he immediately spiked a fever again.  Poor boy was freezing, but burning up!  He ended up falling asleep (totally not like him) and I was able to finish cutting out all the FHE kits that I'd been working on earlier!  Emma had Swim Club and Ben had to come with us.  He just sat on my lap, wrapped in a towel, and shivered.  When Lennard came to  pick him up so that he could go to his last baseball game, he was miserable.  He ended up putting on his baseball shirt long enough to get a picture with some of his team and then going home to sleep again. (Unfortunately they are all in shadow - but Ben is the 3rd from the right.)


We had a large Hangi at Clarke's home for our Relief Society activity this month.  I went to help prep food yesterday (which is a good thing since today was so crazy!).  I had to go over early to help get everything set up.  They cooked everything in a large pit from about noon until we ate at 6:00.  I was busy helping serve all the RS sisters, but when I did get a chance to eat - it was delicious!  We had carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, chicken, pork and beef.  Then there was a steamed pudding with a custard sauce.  Yum!


The weather was a bit crazy, so we ended up all congregating in Clarke's garage, but it worked out so nice for all the older sisters to be able to come too and be out of the chilly wind.  We had such a good turn out and everyone had a good time visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment