Saturday, December 21, 2013

Tradition!

One of my favorite memories growing up was making spudnuts at Christmas time for neighbor gifts.  I hadn’t got anything made for our neighbors yet this year, so I called my mom and asked her if she would be interested in coming and making spudnuts with me.  I was excited when she agreed.  Lennard took Ben and went to Lethbridge for a ‘guys’ day out and Emma ‘helped’ us make the spudnuts.

IMG_4156  IMG_4157

Mom already had the dough ready to go when she got here so we got it rolled out and the donuts cut out.  While we waited for them to rise we took a trip to Extra Foods for a few things.  Emma loved having us to herself.

IMG_4159  IMG_4163

I love seeing three generations continuing on the tradition.  It makes me thankful for all the wonderful women in my family that I look up to and hope that I can someday be as amazing as they are.  Each of the spudnuts were cut out with my grandma’s old cutter.  It made me feel like she was there with us. 

IMG_4166

The finished product… ready to be delivered!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment