Monday, September 7, 2015

Piano

We have a piano!  When I signed the kids up for piano lessons, we wondered what we would do about getting a piano.  Did we just get a keyboard for now?  Look for a piano?  What to do… Then my mom offered to let us borrow her piano.  Wow.  I was very touched that she would even suggest it.  This piano is the very first piano that she bought with her own money when she was moving to Lethbridge.  She was completing her Grade 10 piano exams and needed a piano to practice on.  Since then it has moved multiple times!  Not only that, but thousands of hours have been played on this piano.  Every single one of us kids has played this piano (some more than others – namely me), but we’ve all come to love music.  There have been countless hours spent gathered around this piano singing hymns and building relationships and memories as a family.  Seeing this piano leave my parents house was heart wrenching.  Both my mom and I were crying.  It was a truly bittersweet moment.  I can only hope that Emma and Ben come to realize how special this piano is and work hard to develop their skills.  I am so blessed to have such incredible parents that sacrifice for their children and grandchildren.  Thanks, Mom. 

IMG_5994IMG_5997IMG_6002

No comments:

Post a Comment