Friday, September 2, 2016

Toys

Lennard has been wanting to work on the plane for quite a while, but he needs an extra set of hands to help him rivet and by the time we get things done after work and dinner, it's time for the kids to go to bed and I can't leave!  So, today, Lennard took work off at noon and we went out to the hangar to work!  We got a lot done and to a point where Lennard can keep working by himself if necessary.  I got to hold the bucking bar while he riveted the skin on.  He even had me do a couple rivets, but I'm way too scared of ruining things and didn't like it.

 While he was working on a few other things, I made a mad dash to Babb to pick up a bunch of packages that I'd sent there.  I had a couple presents for Ben, so we needed them for the weekend!  I also had a new 'toy' for me!  I've been researching an electric programmable pressure cooker called an Instant Pot.  I can't even remember where I saw it first or why I started looking in to them, but it's all that Lennard has heard about for two weeks or more.  I was given some money for taking family pictures, so I decided it was a good time to do something for myself with the money.  Since I've been talking about it so much and watching videos of all the different things you can do with it, the kids have gotten right into it too.  They have been asking all week if we could go pick up the Instant Pot!  They were just as excited as I was to open it up tonight!  In fact, I couldn't get them to go to bed until I had done the water test so that they could see how it works!  Ha! Ha!  I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment