Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Boxing Day, Illness and Fish Pond

We had a super lazy morning and took our time getting up and getting going.  Ben woke up saying that he had a headache, but when he started getting warmer, I started getting a bit worried.  He was watching Lennard play a game downstairs when I suggested that he go have a nap... and he agreed!  That's when I knew for sure that he wasn't feeling well.  Poor boy.  He went to sleep immediately and didn't want to wake up.  We were supposed to be out at my parents for our annual Fish Pond/Dinner, but right before we should have left, Ben started throwing up.  Gross.  We definitely didn't want to share that with anyone, so Lennard stayed home with him while I took Emma to the dinner.

The food was excellent (as usual) and everyone had fun visiting and playing together.  The kids always love fishing for their presents.  This year, they got to draw a number to decide what order they would go in.  Emma was lucky and got #3.

 She was so happy to get new slippers and pink nail polish!
 I helped out putting the presents in the bag for the fish pond, so I didn't get to see what the kids got.  It was a little different, but I was glad to help out.  Since Benny was asking for me, we didn't stick around too much longer.  We had a pretty low key evening.  My mom wasn't feeling well either, so she ended up sleeping in a chair at the church while everyone played and visited. 

Since Ben missed out on the Fish Pond, my parents provided him with his own Fish Pond today!  He was excited to find out what he got.

 He got a whole set of Lego books! (You can see that he is still pretty rosy and warm...)
My mom still wasn't feeling great, so they didn't stay very long.  Lennard came down with what Ben had so he hasn't been doing much today.  We did manage to get all the Christmas stuff down and put away.  It feels nice and clean!  Hopefully everyone will start to feel better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment