Sunday, June 16, 2013

Busy Week

We have had a busy week... just no pictures to go with everything we've done!  My mom and dad have been away on an Alaskan cruise, so on Monday night we headed out to their place and stocked their fridge with some basics.  Lennard mowed the lawn and I cleaned a bit in the kitchen.  The kids had a blast just being able to run and explore.

Mom & Dad got home Tuesday morning at about 1:00am (crazy!).  We decided that we had to see them sooner rather than later, so we brought dinner out and ate with them while we heard all about their trip.  

Wednesday morning mom came to Lethbridge with me to get her van that had been having work done on it.  She graciously came with me while I did all my errands and then we got the van afterwards.  It worked out so nicely that I had help with the kids while I tried to find a few more clothes for our trip in July.  I got home just in time to head out and go Visiting Teaching.  Lennard mowed the lawn while I was out while the kids rode their bikes.  I wasn't too excited to try to figure out what to make for dinner, so when Lennard suggested we pick up Subway and have a picnic at the airport... I didn't say no!  I love being able to see my parents so often.  We had a quick dinner and then Lennard and I went flying!  We climbed up to 10,200 feet and called in to Edmonton and got the transponder checked out and thankfully it works! (It was just replaced).  One more thing checked off for the trip!

Thursday, I headed out to Mountain View (do you see a theme here?) to get an oil change on the van.  We couldn't stay long, but the kids had fun just the same.  I got back just in time to pick up my friend's two youngest kids (so she could attend a funeral) and we all headed down to Stay and Play.  They had fun playing with all the toys... and it made babysitting pretty easy!  When we got home, we had lunch and then the kids just played outside.  By about 2:00 they were all starting to get tired, so I put on a movie for them and we had some quiet time in the family room.  Once Mishel got her kids, I raced and got the hashbrown casserole put into the oven and got ready to go to the closing rugby party at the high school.  There weren't as many girls show up as they would have liked to have seen, but we should have been on the ball and done the dinner two weeks ago and not waited until exam week!  Oh well, it was still fun.  They had a great year.  Of course, just as we were finishing up, one of the girls asked if she could go flying with Lennard... and he said yes.  The other coach, Lloyd, then asked if Lennard would take his dad up flying too, so we raced home, got the kids in the house and he headed out to the airport to get the plane ready.  He had a blast (never fails!).  I was definitely ready to get some sleep though.  

Friday, we had a party to attend for Lennard's work in Lethbridge.  My mom & dad were staying out at the airport, so we dropped the kids off with them (we'd brought our trailer out earlier in the week as we are finally getting work done our our roof).  The weather was horrible and by the time Lennard got one lap around the go-cart track the rain came pouring in and they had to stop.  I was freezing and didn't really want to go mini-golfing in the rain, so we went in to the covered patio for the dinner.  There were a lot of people that didn't come, so it was pretty small, but the food was great and it was fun to visit with everyone.  We didn't end up golfing at all, but we have the tickets, so hopefully we can go in the future when the weather cooperates a bit more.  We made it back to the airport to find the kids asleep (thanks, Mom & Dad!).  We visited a bit and then headed to bed.

Morning came way too early, but we were up in plenty of time to help get the tables and chairs set up and ready for the fly-in.  We were glad to see blue sky and even though there was still some wind, we ended up with almost a dozen planes flying in and almost 100 people at the breakfast!  Lennard took a couple more people flying during the fly-in.  


We finally got most things cleaned up by around noon, raced to the store to pick up some cookies (I forgot to make a dessert), and head to our ward picnic as today is also Youth Days in our Stake!  I loved actually having a ward activity (they've been fairly scarce).  The kids had so much fun playing on the playground... and eating a little too.  By the time we left there, the kids were more than a little tired.  We put them straight to bed and thankfully they were asleep by the time the roofers came to work on the roof again!  They slept right through all the banging and pounding!  I even managed to get almost an hour nap in!  So needed!  Finally, to wrap the day up, I got to head to Raymond with my mom to attend my sister-in-law's baby shower!  Trisha is due in about 3 weeks (I think) and got a lot of really cute stuff.  I can't wait to meet their little man!

Sunday was Father's Day... though by Emma's reaction, you wouldn't think it was a good thing!  (I'll have to try to upload a video!)  Emma gave a talk in Primary on the Holy Ghost.  She did pretty good - with a lot of prompting!  The kids were extremely crazy during Sacrament meeting, although Ben fell asleep about half way through (miracle!).  I was very glad to head home.  They both fell asleep right away, so I had a bit of a break to try to get dinner ready.  We had Chinese food for dinner and then drove out to see my dad for about an hour.  It's been a busy week, but a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment