Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Les Miserables

We were excited to learn that Les Miserables was going to be at the Jubilee Auditorium in Calgary this summer and quickly bought tickets so we could go see it.  With all the flooding happening around Alberta, we weren’t sure whether we’d be able to get there or not, but thankfully the roads were open by then.  My mom watched the kids for us and we got to spend the whole afternoon/evening by ourselves!  I was shocked driving past High River how much water there still was everywhere, but even worse was the smell!  I can’t imagine how horrible it’s going to be for the people there to try to clean up all the destruction that has happened.  We had a few stops to make, one for Lennard’s work and then to the Pilot Supply store to pick up the last map we needed and the latest Flight Sup.  We then got to go out to the Olive Garden for dinner and ate WAY too much!  It was SO good though!  I was glad that we still had time to go wander around Bass Pro Shop before the show.  I felt a bit better after walking around!  The show was incredible.  We ended up sitting two seats ahead of my Aunt Marilyn and her family.  The drive home at 11:00 at night was hard, but definitely worth being able to see Les Mis on the stage.  (First time for Lennard and second time for me!)

les mis

No comments:

Post a Comment