Saturday, August 9, 2014

Murray Family Campout

Our annual Murray campout at the airport was a blast!  I was in charge of the food this year since mom and dad only got home from Nauvoo earlier this week.  I took so many pictures that I’ll only include a few here.  I think the best ‘activity’ that we had this year was a family dance.  I loaded a bunch of songs onto my iphone and put it through the speakers on our trailer.  The kids (and adults) had a lot of fun dancing with each other. 

One moment that I will always remember is when my parents danced to ‘their’ dance “Can I Have This Dance”.  Dad was sort of goofing around, but as they danced I had the distinct thought come to me that someday I will not have them around and to remember every moment.  I teared up watching them and was extremely thankful that I had decided to start videoing when I did.  I have the dance recorded and will cherish that memory.

IMG_6493IMG_6502IMG_6507IMG_6521IMG_6532IMG_6549IMG_6565IMG_6578IMG_6585IMG_6598IMG_6602IMG_6604IMG_6606IMG_6613IMG_6618

The evening ended in a HUGE rainstorm.  Of course there had to be a dare put out and Shauna and Rachel raced to the other side of the tarmac and back and got completely soaked!  We ended up having to pull tents and bedding into mom and dad’s hangar for people to sleep on the concrete floor, which was better than getting completely soaked (I guess!).  Lennard and I were very happy to climb in to our trailer, turn the heat on and go to sleep in a nice dry, comfy bed!

In the morning, the kids had fun with more jeep rides and then, after breakfast, Lennard pulled out our rocket and started setting it off.  Everyone had fun watching how high it went.  We only had one ‘incident’ when it landed on top of dad’s hangar!  We had Makenna climb onto the roof and get it for us.

IMG_6620IMG_6624IMG_6635IMG_6640

We then all headed in to Town for the parade.  It gets a little wild all sitting together with that many kids fighting for candy, but there was so much candy thrown to the kids this year that they all got lots!  Shauna was on her 20 year high school reunion float and they threw tons of candy.  It was a lot of fun.

IMG_6642IMG_6647IMG_6651IMG_6659

Lunch was back at the hangar (with a few extras) and then everyone parted ways to do their own thing. 

IMG_6660

We got everything cleaned up and loaded just in time to head to Waterton for Dave’s surprise birthday party.  His birthday isn’t until the 15th, but with everyone down it made sense to do it now.  Nysha had cake and the kids got to play at the playground while everyone visited some more.  It’s been a long day, but a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment