Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fun Times

With it being the first Sunday of a new year, Primary was a bit interesting.  We didn’t get the signs on the doors early enough so teachers, children and parents were all trying to figure out where they needed to be.  We had one teacher in tears after the kids said they were disappointed that they hadn’t got a new teacher.  We had other teachers upset that we’d given the kids papers…(take them away then!).  Yikes.  I was more than a little frustrated.  I guess I’m too much of a people pleaser and don’t like conflict.  I also get overwhelmed way too easily and today was one of those days.  I’m glad I didn’t have to do Sharing Time on top of everything else!

The best part of the day came after church.  It is Dina’s birthday today and we were invited over to their home for dinner, along with the Toone’s.  I really needed that time to decompress and have some fun adult time.  The kids all played downstairs and we got to sit and chat most of the afternoon.  It was great!  It made up for all the craziness at church!

Thanks for hosting on your birthday, Dina!  Happy Birthday!

IMG_3032IMG_3035IMG_3037

No comments:

Post a Comment