Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

It’s hard to believe I turned 40 today.  Yikes!  I remember when my parents turned 40… they were old (Ha! ha! ha!)  I wasn’t expecting to really enjoy my birthday, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

My friend, Shannon, invited me over to her place for the morning.  The kids love going to her place, so they were more than excited to get to play.  Then she invited Mishel, Dina, and Katie over too!  We visited most of the morning and then had lunch together.  Shannon made homemade chicken noodle soup and bread sticks.  So delicious! 

IMG_3074IMG_3076IMG_3082

This evening, I made dinner and had my parents join us.  I love having them over and it wouldn’t have been the same without them.  The kids were a bit disappointed that I hadn’t hung balloons for myself, but they got over it!  We had a cake from M&M Meat Shop in the freezer, so we pulled it out, put four candles on the top and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me.  Emma was so excited that we ended up lighting the candles twice!

IMG_7701IMG_7703

IMG_7706

Ben thought he was pretty smart being able to pick up his entire cake and eat it this way.  We just laughed and let him enjoy it.  The cake was so good!  Anything with cream cheese in it is delicious though!

IMG_7707IMG_7712

Lennard surprised me this year and got me a pasta maker!  I’m so excited to try it out!  Ever since we had homemade pasta at Shannon’s, we have wanted to get a machine.  Lennard arranged with Shannon to look for one when she was at home in Utah over the holidays and she managed to find one.

IMG_7716IMG_7717IMG_7720IMG_7721

With all the picture taking all evening, Emma and Ben wanted in on the action.  They both got turns taking pictures with my big camera (with help).  The funniest was when Grandpa thought he would give Emma some bunny ears.  The best part was that she couldn’t figure out how the fingers had appeared behind her head!  Grandpa finally peeked out from behind me so that he could be seen and then we showed the picture to Emma and even then had to point out that Grandpa was in the picture.  It was hilarious. 

It’s been such a wonderful day and I feel blessed to have such amazing friends and family that love me and support me.  I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment