Saturday, December 23, 2017

Baptism

The day finally arrived for Emma to get baptized!  She's been planning this day since her last birthday!  She thought that this day would never come... especially since we didn't have her baptism until 4:00pm, so the day took forever (for her!).

I was busy all day getting food ready and all the last minute things that needed gathered up. We headed up to the church at 3:00 and got things set up.  Thankfully, my parents came early to help out getting tables and chairs set up for the meal afterwards.

We were a little bit late getting started since we had to wait for two of my sisters to arrive (the roads were rotten coming from Lethbridge).  It was a beautiful baptism though.  It was a bit of a blur for me, but I absolutely loved seeing our beautiful little girl just vibrate from excitement for her special day.
 We were able to take a few pictures before the baptism started.  I can't believe we have an 8 year old!

 Family picture!  Ben looks taller in this picture, but just because he's wearing shoes and Emma isn't.
 We did Emma's hair in french braids and it worked out great not to have to re-do hair after it got wet.
 After she got baptized, we took a few minutes together and Emma got to open a special bracelet from us.  I love her absolute glowing smile.  She was SO happy and we are so proud of her making this important decision.
 My parents did such a wonderful job on their talks.  I love that the program was short and sweet and that the focus was on Emma.  I feel so blessed to have her in our family.
In the circle:  Bishop C Toone, Grandpa, Daddy, Uncle Matt, Uncle Roger, Uncle Mike, Brother Woodruff and Uncle Dan



No comments:

Post a Comment