Tuesday, December 5, 2017

One Phone Call

We got a phone call last night from Nauvoo!  Sister Beecher spoke with Lennard and said, "I have here that you've applied for Gold Cast that is for one week.  Is there any chance you would consider going in Green Cast for the full two weeks?"  She told us to think about it and get back to her within the next day or two.

Wow!  To say that we were taken aback would be an understatement.  We very purposely chose Gold cast because it was only for one week... and we only had to be in the finale and not the entire pageant.  We (meaning me) were a bit overwhelmed at the thought of dancing on stage, being involved in all the rehearsals, the heat, the humidity, grouchy kids... the list could go on and on!

Immediately, all these thoughts came to the forefront of our discussion again.  Did we really want to have to use ALL Lennard's vacation time for one thing?  We'd have to be gone for three weeks.  How would the kids do with that many late nights and long days of rehearsals and performances?

We called my parents and asked more about what the schedule would be like and sort of get their opinion (which they didn't give).  Dad's comment was that it was quite a privilege for them to ask if we would move to that cast.

As we talked, I looked at Lennard and asked him what his initial impression was.  He immediately said that he thought we should do it.  He asked me then and I told him that I would support him as the head of our household if he felt it would be good for our family to go.  He quickly grabbed the phone and called Sister Beecher back (probably before I could change my mind!).  Brother Beecher called and he told him that we would be willing to go into Green Cast.  Brother Beecher said that if they had any more questions they would let us know and that was the end of the call!

I don't think either of us slept very well last night.  Lennard told me this morning that he in his dreams he was on the stage with tears streaming down his face as we sang "The Spirit of God".  My dreams were of trying to do hair, finding shoes for everyone and feeling exhausted.  Ha! Ha!

Don't get me wrong.  I am very excited to get to serve, it's just very overwhelming trying to figure out all the logistics (and money!).  We should hear for sure by the end of the month or the first part of January.  Oh boy... this could be a very life changing summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment