Saturday, March 31, 2018

General Conference

I was excited for General Conference to happen this month.  With a new prophet came a solemn assembly, and I was looking forward to getting the opportunity to stand and sustain President Nelson.  I really wanted the kids to take notice and recognize how special it was to get to participate in this event.  Emma did great with listening and paying attention.  Ben, on the other hand, decided to be angry and 'bored' that he had to watch general conference.  He refused to sit still and was a pain to be around!  So frustrating!  I was still very touched as I stood and sustained President Nelson, especially when I saw how touched he was too.

As conference continued, I finally got Ben to calm down and snuggle with me.  He still isn't feeling great, but he really just wanted to be spending his Saturday playing with friends or watching something on the iPad... and when that didn't happen he had a temper tantrum.  The last half of conference went considerably better than the first half!

We took the chance during the two hour break to get started on a house project, and we got the door and window in the dining room framed out with white molding.  We are going to make a chair rail and paint the bottom half white (similar to what we did in the front entry).  We ran out of molding, so I'll be making a trip in to Lethbridge on Monday to get more.  It's looking good though!  Nothing like finally finishing a project 7 1/2 years after we added on! 

The afternoon session of conference was good, although our Apple TV box quit working downstairs, so we had to race upstairs and mirror it from our phone onto the tv in our bedroom.  The kids were  happy to stay out of our way and let us watch.

I ran a few errands afterwards, got some groceries we needed and then stopped in to the book store for their Ladies' Night.  I got a couple books that will be fun to read with the kids when we go to Nauvoo this summer and then got a free audio book of Elder Uchtdorf's new book.  I saw Katie Sykes while I was there and we had a good visit.

I got home just in time to make dinner for the kids and Lennard went to our bedroom to watch the Priesthood Session.  We were eating when I heard Lennard let out a yell, so I went to investigate.  It had just been announced that Elders Quorum and High Priests were now going to be combined into one Elders Quorum!  I ended up watching the rest of the meeting with him.  It was an amazing meeting!  It will be interesting to see how quickly our Stake gets all the changes made.

It's been a great day.  I look forward to studying the talks more in depth when the Ensign comes out.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow's sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment