Monday, March 5, 2018

New Sink

Ben had a playdate right after school at his friend's house (Nolan) which worked out well, since Emma had a doctor's appointment.  I was hoping we'd get in and out quickly, but it didn't happen!  I ended up having to have Lennard come switch me off so that I could get to my interview at with the School Division.  No sooner had I left than the doctor finally came (of course).  

My interview went well... and I was hired on the spot.  I left a blank cheque with them and now I just wait to get called to come in and sub!

We've been talking about putting in a new sink in our trailer for a while now.  I found one on-line that I was pretty sure would work, so I ordered it and it arrived today.  The box was so huge that I really had second thoughts about my measurements!  Ha! Ha!
 Thankfully it will work! The only part I didn't really realize was that we had to cut the hole larger at the back than I'd thought.
 We got it all measured out and Lennard cut the countertop so the sink would fit in properly.
We'd bought a new faucet at IKEA and got it installed too.  I love that I now have one large sink instead of two smaller sinks that I could get a pot or a pan into.
This is the old sink (I didn't get a before picture).  It's just plastic and somehow a hot pan had got put into it and melted a bit of it.  I'm excited to have the larger sink! We still have to hook up the plumbing underneath since we had to re-do a bunch of it, but it looks so much better!
 The kids had fun playing with all the snow at the airport while we worked on the trailer. 
 I had to laugh when they thought they could use the huge chunks of snow for snowballs (I did stop her from throwing it at Ben...)

No comments:

Post a Comment