Thursday, March 29, 2018

Poor Little Boy

Ben woke up in the middle of the night gasping for breath.  He was so panicked that it was hard to get him calmed down.  We tried sitting outside with him in the cold for a while, but it didn't help.  I ended up taking him down to the ER and, thankfully, they took him right in.  He had a chest x-ray and his throat swabbed and then they got him some steroids and antibiotics to help him breath and start to heal.  We were home by 1:00am and he was able to sleep the rest of the night.
 He woke up feeling fine, so he wanted to go to school.  Lennard thought he'd be fine, but I wasn't so sure.  It was less than an hour before his teacher called and said that he wasn't feeling well, so I ended up going and bringing  him home.

I was touched when I came into the living room tonight and saw Emma reading to Ben.  He still isn't feeling great, so it was kind of her to help him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment