Monday, July 9, 2012

Hospital Stay

Last night I started feeling 'off'.  I quickly recognized the signs of a kidney stone and took some fairly 'good' drugs immediately to see if I could head off the inevitable pain.  Unfortunately, as the night wore on, the pain increased to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore.  Thankfully, Lennard's dad was here, so he was able to listen for the kids while we headed to the ER. 

They got me in right away and after Toradol, Buscopan, Demerol, Gravol and finally Morphine... I was relatively pain free!  It was decided that I needed to be admitted and by that time I really didn't care.  Lennard went home to be with the kids and I layed in the ER waiting to be brought upstairs.  Finally, at 2:00 in the morning, I was admitted.  I was so tired and drugged up that I didn't even bother to change out of my clothes!  Of course, I was up early, but I kept dozing in and out most of the morning.  By that time I was on Tylenol 3 and feeling exhausted, but not in pain.  I was able to go home just after lunch and ended up sleeping most of the afternoon too.  So not fun!

I almost cried when they told me that they wanted to put in an IV.  I have had some very bad experiences in the past with IVs, so I wasn't excited to say the least.  Thankfully, the nurse got it on the first try with very little pain.  Totally a miracle from my point of view!

Lennard brought the kids in to see me in the morning.  Emma was quite concerned that I wasn't getting up.  At least I could smile by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment