Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Not so HOT

Sunday was such a gong show that I figured I'd better document it so that I can look back someday and laugh at it... Earlier in the week, I had been asked to substitute in Nursery on Sunday.  Emma had started to cough on Friday, and I'm sure camping didn't help the situation, so when we got up Sunday morning we discovered that both kids were sick with colds. We couldn't take them to Nursery with runny noses, so Lennard stayed home with them, while I went to church.  There ended up being three little ones that were not happy to be left by their parents, so it was a challenge to get them happy and settled.  One of the other ladies had three of her older grandchildren come in to help with the kids, so when it was time for Sunday School, I left so that I could go to class.  I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday School and was looking forward to actually hearing the speakers in Sacrament Meeting.  I made it through the opening hymn and the sacrament and then I got told that Lennard had to go to work!  I hurried home and managed to beat Lennard there.  Apparently he'd been at the chapel to get me, but we missed each other in the hallways.  Anyways... long story short... Lennard ended up working until about 7:00 that night (It didn't help that he had to drive to Fort MacLeod to get another transformer!).  In the meantime - The kids and I headed out to my parents for dinner with them and some of my siblings.   I didn't end up staying long as both of them were not feeling well and both needed naps. What a day!

As for today... we got air conditioning installed!!!  While Lennard's dad was here visiting it was ridiculously hot.  We practically lived in the basement with the fan on, and it was still too hot!  One night it was still 32°C IN the house at 10:00pm.  We would have been better off sleeping outside if it weren't for all the mosquitoes!  We are VERY thankful that Dad Nichols decided to take pity on us and pay for the system to be installed.  What a blessing!  The kids (and parents) are already happier and so much more comfortable!  THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment