Monday, September 10, 2012

Peaches

I took the kids this morning and we went in to Lethbridge to can peaches at Mindy's house.  We had Mindy, Shauna, Melissa, Trisha, Sister Oler and me all doing peaches!  It was quite the production.  Thankfully, it was a pretty good weather (until later in the afternoon), so we were able to set up outside on Mindy's deck.  We had four propane burners going and two big tables set up for peeling, cutting and packing all the peaches.  A bunch of them had to leave just before noon, so it slowed down a bit, but we got a lot done.  I had to leave by about 2:30 and they were still going strong.  (They ended up processing the last bunch at 10:30 that night!).  We did over 20 cases of peaches! 


I didn't get many pictures, but here's one of the final product!

(Thanks to Shauna posting some pictures on her blog, I was able to 'steal' them to post here!)

 Melissa, Sister Oler's sister-in-law (can't remember her name), Sister Oler, Trisha, Mindy, Me and Brother Oler.  Emma is in there too!  Of course, Shauna was there too, but she took the photo!
Mindy and me filling jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment