Saturday, September 15, 2012

Quad Ride


On top of Pole Haven.  360 view... with the quads actually all being in one place, though they are split in the picture!

We had so much fun today.  Mountain View was having a trail ride/quad ride for a ward activity and Lennard & I got 'invited' to go along.  My Uncle Barry lent us a quad and we found a babysitter to take care of the kids while we were gone.  The day started out great with the kids sleeping in until almost 7:00, and then, when we got ready to leave, both kids gave me a hug and a kiss and let me go without a fuss!  Ben is usually so hard to leave that it rips my heart out, but he was so good today that it definitely helped make the day even better.  We met mom and dad at their place and then we headed out to meet everyone else at the corrals for 10:00.  We got there about 9:45 and by 10:00 there was only our 'family' there with quads, so we headed out!  There was Uncle Barry & Aunt Laura; my cousin Cindy's father-in-law, Curt Henrie; my Aunt Laura's sister and her husband, Laverne and Jack; Uncle Dennis and two of my cousin Steven's boys; my parents; and us!  So technically we were all family... in one way or another!  We had a blast getting out and enjoying the beautiful area we live in.  It was such a perfect day to be out.  It smelled so good out in the trees.  I could have stayed there all day!  After a quick trip up to Pole Haven to check out the sights, we headed back to the corrals to meet up with the rest of the ward that had been on horses (over 40 horses!).  We enjoyed a quick barbequed hot dog, some salads and desserts and then we headed home to get back for the time we told our babysitter we'd be back by!  Amazingly, both kids were sound asleep, they'd both eaten a good lunch and she'd even taken them to the park (brownie points for her!).  When Emma got up, I went in to get her and she looked at me and asked where the babysitter was.  Guess she didn't miss us 'too' much!  I love it when they can have as good a day as we did!

Old Chief
The 'gang' on quads!
Heading down...
 Another view of Old Chief
My mom and dad
Lennard and me on top of Pole Haven

The rest of the afternoon was spent getting projects done around the house.  We finally got the fence posts cut to the correct height.  We also got the shed Tyvek'ed.  Unfortunately, while we were working on the shed, Ben got his index finger stuck under a hinge as Lennard was tightening it!  It took a good chunk of skin of and squished it pretty good.  He certainly wasn't very happy and I was sick to my stomach thinking about how bad it must be throbbing.  Poor boy.  He sat with Lennard quite a while and then I managed to get him in to pajamas and in to bed (with a good dose of Tylenol).  It's been a good day and I'm completely exhausted now.

No comments:

Post a Comment