Friday, December 26, 2014

Boxing Day

Our annual Murray Boxing Day dinner started at 1:00 this afternoon.  Amazingly, every single person was in attendance!  My mom and dad with their 7 children, 7 spouses, 22 grandkids, 2 more grandkids announced, and 2 extras (Grandpa Nichols and Matt’s mom).  Wow!  40 people to feed and there was even food left over!

The kids had fun being able to run around in the gym with their cousins and the adults enjoyed sitting and visiting with each other.

IMG_3008IMG_2979

After dinner was done and everything cleaned up, the fish pond started!  This year, mom made the same gift for one boy in each family.  Spencer, Mason, Levi, Lucas, Gideon, Ben and Jeffrey all got custom made corrals!

IMG_2982

It’s so fun to see traditions continue year after year.  I loved getting to fish for my present when I was little.

IMG_2985IMG_2988

Emma got a cute little pink puppy in a purse, a necklace and bracelet set and a sparkly brush.

IMG_2994IMG_2996

Brooke had fun playing in this box for quite a long time.  She is getting so big!  Emma loved brushing grandpa’s hair with her new brush.

IMG_2999IMG_3003

Lennard took his dad and the kids home shortly afterwards.  We’d brought both vehicles so that I could stay longer.  I was able to spend the rest of the evening at my parents house visiting and playing games.  When I got home, this was what I found.  I think the corrals are a hit!

IMG_3006

4 comments:

  1. Fun times! I loved playing with those corral sets your mom made, when I was younger. Who's expecting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how my grandma found out - maybe don't tell people yet 😁.

    ReplyDelete