Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Dinner

About a month ago we extended the invitation to my family to come to our house for Easter dinner.  We were actually surprised that everyone said that they would come!  Then came the fun of trying to figure out how to seat 38 people for dinner (Matt ended up not being able to come because of work).  I was actually impressed at how well it all worked.  We had all the food on the island and just did a buffet style dinner.  I had two long tables set up in the living room as well as two couches for adults to sit on and then the long table in the dining room and a small camp table for kids.  It was a little crazy getting everyone through the lineup, so I think everyone had a place to sit… I didn’t see anyone standing (thought I might have missed them if they were). 

For having 22 little kids in the house, I was very impressed with how well they played together.  I didn’t hear one fight over toys all day!

IMG_7995IMG_8000IMG_8003IMG_8004IMG_8005IMG_8006

Rachel made a Reece’s peanut butter cup cake that everyone devoured and we even got in a quick ‘Happy Birthday’ to my nephew, David.  He is turning 12 on Tuesday!

IMG_8008IMG_8009

I had to laugh looking at the front entry with all the shoes and coats.  It made me thankful for the money we spent expanding it!

IMG_8011IMG_8012IMG_8013IMG_8014

We tried to get a group photo of all the grandkids.  Since it was snowing outside, we had to do it in the living room.  The older kids thought it was funny to make faces in almost every picture and the little ones just wanted their parents.  At least we documented the moment!

IMG_8020_e

Then we attempted to get a family picture… what a joke!  We were worse behaved than the kids!  This was the closest ‘normal’ picture we got… except for mom.  Ha! Ha!  She thought we were doing a silly photo, but the rest of us didn’t get that memo! 

IMG_8039

It was seriously such a fun day… a zoo, but really fun to have everyone together and get a chance to visit.  I wish the weather would have been a bit nicer so we could have sent the kids outside, but it all worked out okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment