Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sister's Weekend

On Friday, as soon as Lennard got home from work, I headed out to my mom's house for our annual Sister's weekend.  I was really looking forward to getting a bit of a break, and it didn't hurt that the weekend landed on my birthday!  Best birthday present ever!  Time with my sisters and mom, good food and, unfortunately, not nearly enough sleep!  I don't remember the last time I was up (by my own choice) until 2 AM, but I had a blast! 

Friday night we had a good dinner of chicken honey-lime enchiladas and spanish rice (thanks, Melissa), as well as LOTS of snacks!  We played the Wii, visited and watch the movie '17 Miracles'. 
(Love you, Shauna!  You can always find a way to make me smile!)
Saturday was more of the same... hanging out, games, food.  It was just nice to have a break from the routine and get a chance to really sit and have some girl time! 

My sisters/mom surprised me with a birthday gift too!  It was a Willow Tree figurine called "Forget Me Not".  It has 8 'forget-me-not' flowers for each of the girls in our family!  It also is a good reminder of Elder Uchtdorf's talk entitled "Forget Me Not".  It definitely made me feel appreciated!


I had originally planned on staying over Saturday night too, but I ended up going home so that I could attend church in our ward.  Lennard got a new calling as a counselor in the Elders Quorum.  We did go back out to my parents after church though.  Mom made us dinner for my birthday!  It was definitely a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment