Friday, January 27, 2012

This Week

We have had a busy week!  I've been out to 'Stay and Play' with the kids on Tuesday and Thursday.  My sister, Shauna, came out on Tuesday and we played with some digital scrapbook pages to get her going on her youngest son's baby book.  I've ended up watching Doodlebops; Monkey See, Monkey Do; and Thomas a few more times than I would like, but they're just now starting to actually watch TV.  It's been a bit of a break for me, though I still can't leave the room without my 'shadows' following me!

Lennard and I got an afternoon/night out on Wednesday (Thanks for babysitting, Mom!).  We went to Lennard's alumni meet and greet for RCS (his high school) that was being held in Calgary.  It felt a little weird being out by ourselves.  We were able to go see the new temple that is being built in Calgary and then visit with my Aunt for a while before we headed downtown.  We met in a lounge at the Fairmont Palliser Hotel.  It was quite loud and only really set up for small groups of people to talk, so we just ended up standing and gabbing most of the evening.  Lennard really enjoyed it though.  He got to see a few people he'd graduated with that are now living here in Alberta.  Afterwards, we went out to dinner together and, after a bit of a mess up in the kitchen, ended up with free meals and a $40 gift card to eat there again!  Sweet!  Nothing like getting paid to eat their food... especially when the food was excellent! (Just took a while to actually get it!)

Last night we went in to Lethbridge with the kids and went to the RV show.  We had to laugh at some of the prices!  We definitely won't be getting a new trailer any time soon!  Yikes!  One trailer we looked at we asked what the financing was on it... only $150 a month... for 15 YEARS!  Give me a break!  Who would want to finance a trailer for that long?!  Not me!  It ended up being a bit of a gong show with the kids, as Emma did NOT want to stay by us.  She kept taking off and then giggling when we chased her down.  What a little stinker! 

Tonight, we'll have another night out!  A night at the temple with my sweetheart is a nice way to end the week off... as long as we can both stay awake during the session!

No comments:

Post a Comment