Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Afternoon

Getting out of church at 2:30 in the afternoon, we always have the dilemma of whether or not to make the kids go for naps.  On one hand, they REALLY need it, but on the other hand, they won’t go to sleep at a decent hour if they have a late nap.  After eating dinner, we decided to put them in the van and go for a drive.  It’s definitely the easiest way for them to fall asleep (no fighting!) and whenever we stop the van, they wake up… so they don’t over-sleep! 

We drove out to Police Lake and ended up out at my mom and dad’s home.  I love that we live so close to them now, and best of all, that my kids have the same kind of relationship with their grandma and grandpa that I had with mine!  LOVE it!  It was such a beautiful day that while daddy took a break in the house, we went for a walk with Grandma! 

IMG_2051IMG_2057 

Emma was so full of energy that she ran ahead of us most of the way, except when she came to a patch on the road and then we would yell, “STOP everybody!  Look at this patch!” 

Ben would have been right in the middle of the ‘puddle’ if I hadn’t told him not to… but he still managed to run along the edge of it and splash water right up to his waist!

      IMG_2060   IMG_2055

Look how innocent he looks… NOT!  What a funny boy.  All along the road there were buffalo beans (that’s what we’ve always called them and I have no idea if it’s the actual name or not).  I have such good memories of going on family walks and picking bouquets of them with my sisters.

IMG_2063

I love this view.  I love where I grew up.  I love the beauty, the quiet and the contentment I feel every time I come down the hill into the hamlet.  I loved knowing every single family (not now, but when I was growing up) in the area.  I love feeling safe and knowing that my kids can run ahead of me on walks and I don’t have to stress!

IMG_2072   IMG_2076

Of all the pictures I took this afternoon, I LOVE these two.  I love seeing Ben look up at my mom with complete love.  It makes me so happy to see them together.  Every time I tried to get a picture of Emma she would turn away… but I managed to snap this one.  I love that she is ALL in pink… definitely her favorite color right now.  Even the stuffed puppy is pink!  (First thing she looks for when we get to Grandma’s house!)  I feel so incredibly blessed to have these two crazy kids in my life.  I’m so glad that we went for a drive this afternoon… and made some incredible memories together.

3 comments:

  1. Glad I didn't de-junk my pink puppy?? Haha -- I totally remember getting it for Christmas one year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would have been SO sad! Seriously wants to take it home with her every single time!

      Delete
  2. That was Becky's favorite for a long time -- I think it even had a few sleepover's at our house!

    ReplyDelete