Friday, May 10, 2013

Traditions: Glacier Lilies

Lennard had a rugby tournament in Red Deer this weekend, so Friday morning I packed up the kids and we went in to Lethbridge with my mom.  While she went out to lunch with Dave & Nysha for Mother’s Day, I hung out at Mindy’s and had lunch with her and the boys.  The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins, jumping on the trampoline, etc.  When we got home, mom invited me to come out for dinner at her place, so I grabbed our van and followed her out to Mountain View.  We had a yummy dinner of chicken wings (which Emma devoured) and then we decided to go see if we could find any glacier lilies.  It’s been a long time since I’ve gone and picked these flowers, but we used to go every year to pick them for my grandma and Aunt Ardith for Mother’s Day.  They weren’t as big as I remember from years past, but it made me feel good to pick a few and place them at my grandma’s gravesite.  I miss her so much.  She was such an amazing woman.  I can just imagine her smile and chuckle if she could be here to watch Emma and Ben race around.  She would have loved them so much.  Definitely the perfect way to end the day.

IMG_1687IMG_1692

No comments:

Post a Comment