Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 13 - 'Lucky' Day?!

It's definitely nice to be home, but boy it doesn't take long for life to come crashing back in full force!  I was so tired from traveling yesterday that when we got home all I wanted to do was go to bed.  Ben went to bed great... Emma was a whole other story.  Apparently she has been extremely clingy while we've been gone, and she definitely manifested that last night.  She would not got to bed without me in the room... I tried everything, but she got so worked up that I finally had to have her sit on my lap to calm down.  She fell asleep in my arms, but as soon as I got up to put her in bed she was awake and demanding that I stay!  Unfortunately for her... I don't go for 3 year olds telling me what to do!  Finally, at about 10:20pm she gave up!  I had just got in to bed and was almost asleep when Ben woke up coughing at 10:40.  I gave him some Tylenol to help with his sore throat and he settled pretty well.  He then woke up again at 12:20.  Emma was up at 4:30 and I gave up and let her sleep in bed with me.  Then Ben was up at 4:40 wanting his blanket and some juice.  I got them both settled... and then I was awake.  No going back to sleep for me.  My body is still saying that it is on Ontario time and we've been getting up at 6:00... so technically, I had slept in!  So, here I am... 5:00 and wide awake... as both kids sleep.  It's good to be home.

I decided that we would have a relaxed morning and go to just Sacrament Meeting in Mountain View with my parents.  It was a good thing too as both kids were overly tired and cranky.  I was glad for the extra help!  We had a wonderful home-cooked meal (after all the restaurant meals lately it tasted extra good) and then had to head home as Emma had an upset stomach.  They both had late naps and so it ended up being an extremely late night again.

Still no sign of the weather improving in Timmins yet.  Lennard went to church this morning and then just hung out.  He's getting pretty bored and frustrated.  Hope the weather improves soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment