Saturday, March 29, 2014

General Women's Meeting

This evening was a General Women's Meeting for our church.  For the first time, anyone 8 years old and up were invited to attend.  In the past it's been either a Young Women's meeting (12-18 years) or a Relief Society meeting (18+), but they have changed it now.  After sitting and listening to the speakers tonight and feeling the special spirit that was there, I am so very thankful for the change.

I was so touched to see so many mothers and daughters holding hands as they sung together in the choir. Every speaker had something to say that touched me.  I have wept as the spirit testified to me of the truthfulness of what they said.

One of the overriding themes of the night was that we are all daughters of the same Heavenly Father and that we are more alike than we are different.  We are precious to him.  We were taught to love each other and not judge or compare ourselves or others.  I loved when Sister Oscarson taught that women need friends! We need the support of one another.  Mary had support from her cousin Elizabeth.  We need to look for what we have in common - not our differences.  We need to reach out and help others.  Remember our baptismal covenants and honor our temple covenants. President Eyring taught us that Heavenly Father not only sees us for what we are, but what we can become.

My heart is full right now.  I have a greater desire to be a better person.  To be a better mom and a better wife.  I want to be a better Primary President and make sure that each one the Primary children in our ward know that they are loved.  There is nothing like hearing the words of "I am a Child of God" to help you realize how special each and every single one of us is.  Think about it.

I am a child of God.

And He has sent me here.

Has given me an earthly home

With parents kind and dear.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me

Help me find the way.

Teach me all that I should do

To live with Him someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment