Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Glasses

We went back to Dr. Swift today for Benny’s recheck.  Unfortunately, his left eye has got slightly worse in the five months since we saw him last, so his recommendation was for Ben to get glasses.  I knew this day would probably come, but I really didn’t want my kids to have to deal with glasses like I’ve had to.  Thankfully, his prescription is way less than what mine was at the same age.  Dr. Swift is hopeful that we’ll be able to keep his eyes from getting any worse.  We go back next month for another recheck to see how he’s doing.

I was amazed at how quickly they had glasses ready for him.  Once we decided on what frames we liked, Michelle told us to come back in 20 minutes and she would have the lenses ready!  I took the kids over to the library and when we got back, she was just polishing them up.  Amazing.  Ben had actually done really well with them so far.  I’m hoping he stays as consistent with them in the future!
IMG_0101
In the exam.  Dr. Swift was so good with him.  He earned ‘points’ for doing well and then got to pick a prize.  He even let Emma pick a prize for sitting so quietly during the exam. 
IMG_0110
Here he is trying on frames… and liking what he sees!
IMG_5122
The final product… complete with a full mouth of cookies!  What a handsome little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment